Community Connection Services
Community Connection Services provide a single point of entry to all of our programs in order to ensure streamlined access resulting in matching individual needs with available resources.
Entry based services:
- Triage and intake – Immediate support with information, community referrals/linkages and/or assessment and registration for CMHA services (intake).
- Brief Services – is a voluntary service that is immediate and client directed. It is based on addressing the most pressing issues/ concerns at a time, to encourage and maintain overall wellness and stability.
- Criminal Justice Case Management – support that specializes in criminal justice matters to provide inclusive, immediate and flexible support to individuals navigating mental health/addictions as well as criminal justice systems.
CMHA programs include:
- Housing and Case Management
- Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic (Primary Care)
- Life Skills Programs
- Peer Support Services
- Youth and Family Programs
- Youth and Family Case Management
- Concurrent Disorder services using solution focused approach
- CMHA Assertive Community Treatment Team and Community Treatment Orders
CMHA Durham acknowledges that families/caregivers are an important part of the client’s care team. We aim to enhance the health and resiliency of family members and caregivers in order to support and strengthen their role as valuable partners in recovery. In order to better accommodate families, we provide information, referrals to services and supports, education, direct/indirect services, and services in-kind (for example, free meeting space) for family support groups.
How to get started:
Individuals can contact CMHA themselves, or be referred by: hospitals, family, justice system, community agencies, doctors, and social services.
Criteria for program consideration include, but are not limited to:
- Residents of Durham Region
- Individuals 16 years and up
- Individuals who have a mental health diagnosis or mental health concern
Contact us at 905-436-8760 or toll free 1-844-436-8760. The receptionist will direct your call to Community Connection Services staff.