Recovery College Wellness Centre
CMHA Durham’s Recovery College courses are available in person or online! Check out our Fall 2020 Catalogue
You can view our class schedule for the Fall 2020 Semester here!
We are working with the Ministry of Health guidelines and taking every precaution to make sure in person classes are as safe as possible.
- Classes are physically distanced and limited to twelve participants
- Only one class offered at a time
- Staggered start times to limit crowds
- Participants are screened prior to attendance
- Face masks are required
- Class rooms sanitized before and after each session
- Participants are required to bring their own supplies (pen’s, notebooks etc)
CMHA Durham’s Recovery College Wellness Centre takes an educational approach to improving mental health with an emphasis on strengths instead of problems. Each person develops an individual learning plan which guides their journey through their studies.
The Recovery College Wellness Centre involves peers in all aspects of college life, including management, governance, helping decide on course offerings and overall structure and orientation.
Courses are taught by peers and adult educations and can include topics such as:
· Understanding recovery
· Understanding mental health conditions
· Looking at mental health services and treatments
· Personal wellbeing and health
· Life skills, managing money, moving towards other education or employment
· Training, advocacy and peer-support skills
For more information and upcoming courses download our Fall 2020 Catalogue.